It's no secret that our summers here in Austin are hot! If you're one of the lucky one with a neighborhood or backyard pool, they're a great way to cool off with your kids during these warmer months. If you're not, it's fun to seek out great public pools -- consider it a day trip adventure! There are some great pools to choose from around the city, and we've compiled a list of some of our five favorite public pools here in Austin. Bonus: they're all kid friendly!
1. Barton Springs Pool. If you haven't visited this gem yet, you need to add it to the top of your list. With cool features like a diving board, beach entry, and natural spring water at the perfect temperature, this pool is deeply loved by children and adults of all ages. Make sure to arrive early because the entry line can get long, especially on weekends.
Location: 2201 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX 78704
2. Veterans Memorial Pool. Complete with a water playscape, small slides, a diving platform, and a beach entrance, this pool is one of our favorites around Austin to keep kids of all ages entertained. It's basically a water park and a pool, and it's perfect for all the Northern Austin mamas.
Location: 1901 Sun Chase Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 78613
3. Lakeway Swim Center. The Lakeway Swim Center is perfect for kids of all ages because it boasts lily pads, slides, a shallow pool for young children, and a deeper pool for adults and older kids. There is also a fun oversized chess set, climbing wall, and even coin operated lockers.
Location: 3103 Lakeway Blvd. Lakeway, TX 78734
4. Scott Mentzer Pool. This quaint pool features a beach entry and the perfect area for young kids. It even has a small lazy river and is adorned with adorable slides, play, and spray structures.
Location: 901 Old Austin Hutto Road, Pflugerville, TX 78728
5. Bartholomew Pool: This great Austin pool features two large water slides for older kids, as well as a toddler slide for ages 2-4. There's also a shallow, shaded pool with a beach entrance for younger kids. The only drawback is that this pool can get crowded, and slides don't open until noon.
Location: 1800 E. 51st St., Austin
Are any of these pools on your Summer Bucket List?
About the Author: Jessica is an East Coast girl recently transplanted to Austin, Texas where she lives with her husband, their three human children, and their rescue fur baby. She is an OB Nurse Educator by background, but has worked as a freelance writer, content manager, and brand strategist for the past few years and loves every minute of it. You can follow her on her personal blog or Instagram profile.