As we rush into the thick of this holiday season, I often like to take a step back and make sure that my priorities remain intact. I see my inbox filling with email after email of sales, and my children's lists of "must haves" are growing longer by the minute. It's easy to get caught up in the chaos that surrounds this time of year. I have made a conscious effort this year to give the gift of experiences rather than things. Whether you're searching for that perfect gift for a loved one or just need an escape for yourself, Austin has so much to see and do. Here are some of my favorite ideas for experience gifts in Austin, Texas:
Texas, and even more specifically Austin, has such an array of great eateries. Do you have someone in your life who enjoys wining and dining?
- Thai Fresh has some amazing food, but did you know that they also offer cooking classes? Jam, the personable talent behind the iconic eatery, leads a small group to make authentic Thai home cooking from scratch with the tricks and tips that have been in her family for generations. Participants can expect a hands-on approach and a fun atmosphere, along with a menu offering four delectable dishes.
- If you'd prefer to check out a winery, Wimberley Valley Winery has an a great selection of wines along with activities that the entire family can enjoy. Visitors are met with yard games abound and animals such as mini ponies. There is fun for the whole family, and you can also pick up some wine!
- The Blue Star Lite Mini Urban Drive-In adds a unique twist on going to the movies. This pop up boutique drive-in is the perfect place to watch some childhood favorites and is also a great gift for the movie lover in your life.
- Paramount Theatre is a classic theatre in downtown Austin that has an abundance of live shows to choose from, including musicals for the kids, as well as rock n' roll icons who make stops on their tours. You're sure to find a show for every person on your list.
While traveling is one of my passions, I also love a good staycation. There is so much that Austin has to offer, and stepping out of our daily routine can be a great way to experience it all!
- The Four Seasons Austin has a variety of activities, including their new Taylor Guitars Concierge program, which allows guests to have access to Taylor guitars either in their room or out on the scenic lawn. Available guitars include a Baby Taylor, so if you're traveling with kids, they can also join in on the fun!
- If you would rather get out of the city, Texas Hill Country is under an hour’s drive outside of downtown Austin and is home to Lake Austin Spa Resort. The scenic location is only the beginning of its magic. The spa boasts top-notch services, and it is easy to find an activity that interests even the most selective of recipients on your gift list this year.
What are your favorite experience gifts in Austin?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Maddie started her career in advertising sales and client management. Now she is using that experience to help small businesses grow through their social media presence and online content. When she isn’t thinking about how to revolutionize each client’s brand strategy, you can find her playing with her two kids, cuddling with her dogs, or taking long walks down the aisles of Target.